- Molecule 02 consists of the molecule Ambroxan pure and singular.
- Ambroxan has a subtle sensual quality with a radiant, long-lasting drydown.
- It is a crystal with a chemical structure identical to the ambrox derived from ambergris. For centuries ambergris was perhaps the most prized ingredient in perfumery. It is a somewhat mysterious substance expelled by the cachalot or sperm whale which only attains its fine scent after a long maturation floating in the ocean. Ambergris is rarely found these days, and the ‘amber’ in a modern fragrance will be a lab-created equivalent of some of the aroma-molecules that make up its scent. By far the finest of these is the nature-identical molecule, Ambroxan.
- Ambergris was always valued for its refinement as well as its sensuality. This quality persists in Ambroxan. It has a fresh almost mineral quality, says perfumer, Geza Schoen, that lingers into the drydown.
- Ambroxan was isolated from plant sources in 1950.
- 100 ml