- Eau de Parfum 50 ml
- Top Notes: Cold Aldehydes, Bucchu Sulphor, Metallic Bloody Notes, Rum Aroma.
- Heart Notes: Bay Oil, Nutmeg Cardamom, Leather, Cold Cedar Birch Tar, Burnt Rubber.
- Foundation Notes: Cedar Atlas, Dark Musk, Moss
La Haine is inspired by Mathieu Kassovitz’s 1995 black and white suspense film
of the same name. The film takes place over 19 hours in a mulC-ethnic French housing project
in the Parisian suburbs. The film is a dark and griIy portrait of racial conflict and police
brutality, a senCment reflected in the fragrance. La Haine opens with aromaCc notes of bay,
peppered with sparkling aldehydes and underscored by the dry, smokiness of birch tar and the
unmistakable aroma of hot metal. La Haine is easily the most aggressive and experimental
fragrance in the series, mirroring the discord and violence of the film. The violence of the film
are brought to life through the use of bucchu and a metallic accord, redolent of metal and
blood. As the fragrance progresses, the leathery aspects become increasingly more
pronounced as La Haine becomes drier and darker. Dry notes of cedar and moss are joined by
dusty accord in the base resulCng in a drydown that feels parched and barren.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE PERFUME
- Racial Conflict and Police Brutality
- Worn souls in French housing projects
- Smell of Laphroaig
- Tar and Hot Metal
- Bucchu and redolent of metal and blood
- Sharp, tense, aggressive