- Eau de Parfum 50 ml
- Top Notes: Red Pepper, Camomile Romaine.
- Heart Notes: Geranium, Water Lily, Musk.
- Foundation Notes: Sandalwood, Incense, Amber, Cedarwood, Patchouli.
Mood Indigo is inspired by L’Écume des jours, Michel Gondry’s 2013 film
adaptation of Boris Vian’s 1947 novel Froth on the Daydream. The fragrance opens
with an earthy accord of pepper chamomile and geranium. An incense accord
grows in presence and soon becomes dominant. This is a warm, woody incense
kissed by amber. It feels inviting and comfortable with an a paradoxical warm-cold
effect. At times the fragrance is redolent of high mass in a medieval church; at other
times it conjures up long winter evenings spent huddled around a fireplace. The effect
is somewhat akin to Comme des Garçons’ modern classic Avignon. Perfumer Mark
Buxton was inspired by the film’s jazz score. In describing the fragrance he remarked,
“The fragrance is based on dark woody notes with a lot of incense, which represents
the Jazz music for me.”
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE PERFUME
- Jazz music
- When eyes first meet, love, awkwardness
- Darkness, Los of Loved ones, reflection
- Romantic, witty, melancholic